We will flash TWRP using fastboot and will then root your Moto G using Chainfires SuperSU. For help visit the original thread on XDA.
- Unlock your Bootloader here.
- Download SuperSU Updater zip from here and copy it to INTERNAL SDCARD
- Power Off your phone
- Boot into Bootloader mode (Hold power+Vol down and release)
- Connect your Motot G to your PC
- Flash TWRP using fastboot mode/bootloader mode
and Go into your adb+fastboot folder and Type in CMD prompt
fastboot flash recovery TWRP2801-titan-motog-2014.img
- Flash SuperSU.zip from Recovery
Your phone is now rooted.