To root your HP Slate 7 4600 you will have to use Cydia Impactor.
- Download Cydia Impactor from http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/ and install it.
- Download and install adb. There are multiple ways to do this. One way is to install the Android SDK from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and install adb through the SDK manager.
- Download the android.rules.zip from https://sites.google.com/site/jrc2sw…p-slate-7-2800 and extract the .zip file.
- Move the two **-android.rules files to /etc/udev/rules.d and mark as executable. Restart your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options on the tablet. Connect it to the computer.
- Open the Terminal Emulator on your computer and change the directory to the path where adb is located like this:
- Start adb and scan for devices by running sudo ./adb devices (hit enter.) You should see a serial number with the word device next to it.
- Minimize adb and start Cydia Impactor. Make sure it says “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su.” Click “Start.” If you get a no device found error, click “Bridge” > “Connect” and then click start again.
- Reboot your tablet. Download Root Checker from the Play Store to make sure you are rooted.
If you don’t have rootyou will have to install CWM and flash SuperSU manually
- Download this and extract it to your pc
- Download SuperSU and place it on your phones sdcard
- Run the Batch file labeled “Install-CWM.bat”
- Done! The script will automatically reboot the tablet into recovery when complete.
- Flash SuuperSu via recovery