How to root your LG G2 VS980 Verizon:
- Ensure you have the USB drivers installed, and your phone is in the proper USB mode.
- Enable Developer Mode on your phone and enable USB Debugging
- Extract this zip file somewhere on your PC
- Run root.bat
- The phone will ask you to disconnect USB, disable USB debugging, then re-enable it and plug the phone back in, do so when prompted
- You will then be asked if you would like to have a superuser package installed, which you have to accept
Why is this asking if I want to “trip rootchecker”?
LG’s phones have a software loaded on them that detects weather the phone is rooted or not. If it is rooted the rootchecker will invalidate your warranty.
Rooting the phone, voids your warranty. You can put your phone in a special mode where ADB shell has root permissions, but your phone is not technically ‘rooted’, this means root required apps will nont work if you don’t let the root script install Superuser.