How To Root A Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with CF Auto Root
Recently, Samsung has launched their new smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge at MWC 2015 event. Those people who are planning to purchase Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge should be interested to know that now they can easily root their Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with CF Auto Root tools. Special thanks to the XDA developer Chainfire to develop this amazing tool. This technique is extremely easy to do and anyone can root their Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, even if he/she have no idea about this process. This smartphone-rooted tutorial, we will instruct you on how to root your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Please keep reading!
Now this root method is only suitable for Galaxy S6 Edge with SM-G925T model. We will continue to update this tutorial, when the CF Auto Root packages are readily available for other models. Prior to starting the rooted process of Galaxy S6 Edge, ensure to follow those below Pre-Requisites listed.
- Check and confirm your Galaxy S6 Edge model is SM-G925T go to Settings–> about device–> Model number.
- Backup your important documents, application and store them in computer internal storage.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options goes to
- Settings –> About Phone –> Build number –> Tap 6-8 times to enable developer options
- Settings –> Developer Options –> USB Debugging
- Make sure at least 80% charge in your Galaxy S6 Edge for uninterrupted rooting process
- Download and install the latest Samsung USB Drivers for your device on the computer.
Tools Required for Rooting
How to Root GALAXY S6 EDGE:
Step 1: Unzip both (Odin and CF Auto Root) downloaded files on your computer internal storage.
Step 2: Run Odin on computer as administrator.
Step 3: Boot the device into download mode.
- Power off the device.
- Hold these 3 keys (Power + Home + Volume Down) together, until you get a Warning message on your device display.
- Then, enter into Download Mode by pressing the Volume Up button.
Step 5. Connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to the computer with USB cable.
Step 6. Odin will show you an “Added message” in the bottom left box of the Odin window like this: